Two weeks away from my students seems too short sometimes. I could use another week because of the demands of family during the winter break. And then Monday shows up and I meet up with my students and then, it seems too long.
But this week is not about the holidays. Nor is it about what can be done over those days. It is about the New Year. It’s about the things we are going to do to make all of 2015 better.
So looking back on last year’s attempts to improve life for paraeducators and ParaEducate in general we came up with the following:
- Not have a blog melt down again. I cannot tell you how much we are going to avoid this. With extra whip cream and sprinkles.
- Continue our progress in reaching out and educating people in person. We currently are preparing our spring presentation list. We will let you know as soon as we hear all the venues available.
- Continue to produce our material for sale. Books and individual lessons. Getting these opportunities out there will give students a chance that they may never have otherwise. We have prepared several items and will continue to
- Connect other people in the special education world with each other through social media—self-advocates, allies, organizations, and individuals.
- Connect to general education teachers, their curriculum, and ways to help facilitate the understanding of curriculum and the abilities of the students with disabilities.
ParaEducate is excited for 2015. We hope you are too.
Are you interested in participating as a Guest Blogger for ParaEducate? Do you have a question for us? Find ParaEducate online here, here, here and here. ParaEducate is company interested in providing materials, information, and strategies for people working in special education inclusion settings for grades K-12. ParaEducate, the blog, is published weekly during the academic school year on Thursdays, unless a holiday. ParaEducate shares their findings at conferences, through their books, and their academic adaptations.