We’re back! We were fully charged earlier this week, no matter if the kids had a happy holiday or not, they’re pretty glad to be back.
Which brings us to the point of the things we want to look at over the next twelve months.
- First we want to continue to inform and help our followers move beyond being trauma informed to trauma sensitive. Some of the students we serve have things that impact them daily. Compounding things for these students we serve: they have disabilities. And it is always all too easy to ignore the trauma in favor for what is right in front of us.
- Additionally, we really want to look at more academic specific strategies to give students a better understanding of their access to academics. We’ve recently been preparing science and history texts ready to go to publication. We’re almost ready and we can’t wait to share that with you. And while we’re on academic specific strategies, we also want to give you basic skills to work with students—the writing skills, counting money, how to walk with students on a field trips.
- We want to really talk about technology again. Technology is our backbone here at ParaEducate and we’re actually really good with it. We want to bring that same confidence to you.
- More about skills: we want to give paraeducators skills for talking in class about class related materials and how to speak to students when disciplining.
- We mentioned back in November, we would have a guest blogger! And we totally plan on having that guest blogger soon. We’ll keep you all informed.
- Oh, the big news, if you missed it over break: we’re heading to Cal-TASH 2018. We are fortunate to be able to return to Cal-TASH and can’t wait to share and meet new folks.
It’s a pretty big list we’re looking forward to in 2018. It will also be our 6th year officially this year. We have a lot to look forward to. We’re glad you’re with us.
Speaking of being glad to have you
We just reached a major milestone on Facebook while we were on break: we crossed and held with 700 followers. On Twitter, we now have 900 followers. We’re so excited to keep bringing our content to new folks and hopefully grow our #BetterTogether family.
Do you have any comments about this week’s blog? Do you have a question for us? Would you like to be a guest blogger? Would you like to have an opportunity to pilot some materials at your campus? Find ParaEducate online here, here, here, here, and on our website. Paraeducate is a company interested in providing materials, information, and strategies for people working in special education inclusion settings for grades K-12. ParaEducate, the blog, is published weekly during the academic school year on Thursdays, unless a holiday. ParaEducate shares their findings at conferences, through their books, and their academic adaptations.